Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
The Senior Accountant will support the Financial Reporting function of Fifth Street’s 2 public entities, Fifth Street Finance Corp. (NASDAQ: FSC) and Fifth Street Senior Floating Rate Corp. (NASDAQ: FSFR). This position will be located in our corporate headquarters in Greenwich, CT.
This position is responsible for: (1) Compliance with all relevant SEC and related regulatory reporting requirements; (2) maintenance of all financial controls to preserve the integrity and compliance of the firm’s reporting standards; (3) Responsible for the quarterly and annual SEC reporting process for Fifth Street Finance Corp. (NASDAQ: FSC) and Fifth Street Senior Floating Rate Corp. (NASDAQ: FSFR). Includes the preparation, review and filing of Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and other filings as well as earnings releases and related documents. Provide support to senior management for quarterly Audit Committee and other meetings in review of such documents; (4) Responsible for the coordination, review and filing of SEC forms related to the company’s issuance of equity and debt securities (registration statement, prospectus supplements, etc.). Act as liaison with external counsel and auditors during this process; (5) Analyze new and proposed accounting standards issued by the SEC and the FASB to determine the impact on the company. Implement and document new accounting standards as required and lead the development of a formalized companywide accounting policy manual; (6) Primary responsibility for the company’s Sarbanes Oxley compliance and documentation process, including interacting with external and internal auditors and process owners across departments; (7) Establish, communicate and monitor accounting policies and procedures, act as primary liaison with external auditors; and (8) Assist in ad hoc projects with various departments such as assisting in accounting system integrations and proposing improvements and efficiencies to the existing reporting processes.
- 3-5 years of audit experience focusing on publicly traded companies (experiencing serving closed-end funds, 1940 Act investment companies, private equity or hedge fund clients a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- Exposure to technical accounting research and the ability to interpret complex accounting pronouncements
- Business valuation experience and working knowledge of ASC 820 a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to multitask, excellent attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal
Vice President – Portfolio Management
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: (1) Perform financial statement and operating statement analysis; (2) Work with key parties to develop and implement restructuring plans; (3) Process and execute forbearance and waiver agreements with portfolio companies; (4) Prepare reports discussing performance of portfolio companies; (5) Attend board meetings and perform site inspections; and (6) Communicate with external counsel and consultants.
- 8-12 years prior experience in related finance position: financial advisory experience, distressed investing experience, or portfolio management/restructuring experience at a lending institution
- MBA is a plus but not required
- Excellent Excel modeling skills and organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated self-starter who goes beyond job description to make sure goals are achieved
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think quick and make decisions
- Supervisory/team leadership experience in a small team