Analyst/Senior Analyst, Capital Markets Portfolio Management
Fifth Street is seeking an Analyst/Senior Analyst to support its Capital Markets team which invests in broadly syndicated loans from the firms Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs) and Senior Loan Funds (SLFs). Fifth Street is committed to providing you with the tools and opportunities necessary to advance your learning and your career as rapidly as possible, including unlimited access to training opportunities, guidance and mentoring.
Responsibilities will include: (1) Management and monitoring of the Capital Markets portfolio of corporate loan investments; (2) Analyzing performance, researching industry trends and preparing reports for the existing loan portfolio to support senior managers in the investment decision making process; and (3) Generating valuation research reports for internal and external constituents based on multiple methodologies, including: discounted cash flow, comparable company, precedent transaction and relative value analysis
Qualifications:Analysts/Senior Analysts seeking to join Fifth Street are motivated individuals with a strong analytical background, exceptional organizational skills, ability to multitask, excellent attention to detail and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and substantial self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Demonstrated self-starters who go beyond the job description may have the opportunity to work extensively with senior investment team members in the evaluation of potential investment opportunities in both the new issue and secondary credit markets. We are open to candidates with diverse backgrounds though the ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of financial services experience
- In-depth understanding of credit analysis and financial markets
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (requirement)
- Track record of academic excellence
- Asset Valuation and Black Mountain experience are a plus, but not required
Fifth Street is seeking a Graphic Designer who will be based in our Greenwich, CT headquarters and will be an integral part of the marketing team. The selected individual will be responsible for overseeing and developing all aesthetic aspects of our brand and refining our visual message online, in print and mobile.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: (1) Collaborate with marketing and development teams to meet internal and external objectives; (2) Create engaging print design for presentations, advertisements, proposals, brochures and tradeshow materials; (3) Design and create compelling digital applications; (4) Spearhead website and intranet improvements and updates; (5) Use best practice principles for GUI and conversions in web / email / campaigns; (6) Continually update and enhance brand guidelines, while ensuring all creative work strictly adheres to them; and (7) Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications:The Graphic Designer will have a minimum of 3+ years of experience with both print and web design. We are open to candidates with diverse backgrounds, but experience in the finance industry is a plus. Candidates should be prepared to present a design portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and hands-on
- Can gather requirements, brainstorm, develop concepts, understands usability issues
- Ability to adapt to and emulate many different styles of design with strict attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, proactively communicating progress on each
- Proficient tactical, analytic, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and designing for PowerPoint
- Video editing experience using Final Cut a plus
- Strong knowledge of CSS, HTML and Dreamweaver
- Experience designing email and digital applications
- Experience with mobile platforms
- SEO knowledge
- Solid knowledge of social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blog)
Senior Associate / Vice President – Investor Relations / Marketing (Private Vehicles)
The Senior Associate / Vice President Position will be responsible for supporting Fifth Street’s fundraising and investor relations function for new strategic initiatives, with a focus on credit-related funds. The successful candidate for this position will have contacts and relationships with family offices, high net worth individuals, and/or other institutional investors, with a proven track record of raising capital and interfacing with investors. The position will be located in our corporate headquarters in Greenwich, CT.
Responsibilities will include: (1) Manage the institutional marketing effort focused on targeting endowments, family office, private banks and other institutional investors; (2) Responsible for communicating investment strategies to investors and assisting with customized marketing plans; (3) Act as point person on all investor queries and quarterback with various Fifth Street verticals to deliver requested information including DDQs and RFPs; (4) Maintain the investor relations database through managing current and prospective investor contact information; (5) Assist in development of press releases, updating monthly/quarterly letters which includes writing, editing and managing the approval process; (6) Help plan, coordinate, travel with senior management on road shows and attend investor meetings; (7) Create and manage institutional investor events including investor conferences and attend on Fifth Street’s behalf; (8) Conduct analysis of other asset managers’ strategies and investors, and present findings to senior management; and (9) Perform various ad hoc analysis and tasks as necessary.
- 6+ years of experience fundraising institutional and family office capital for an asset management firm
- Strong understanding of credit investment products, leverage, structuring and factors impacting fund returns, along with basic understanding of accounting and finance
- Prior leveraged finance experience specifically focused on hedge funds and structured finance (middle market credit) a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (required)
- An in-depth understanding of the financial and investment markets and the ability to establish new relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect and outstanding ability to communicate
- Flexibility to work on different projects under different timelines
- An energetic, efficient and resourceful team player and a self-starting, individual contributor
Senior Associate, Presentation Specialist
The Senior Associate, Marketing Production will be responsible for assisting the Fifth Street marketing team in the production and distribution of visual communications across multiple channels, with a heavy focus on PowerPoint presentations. The role will be a full time position based in our Greenwich, CT office and will report directly to the VP of Marketing. The ideal candidate should be skilled in salesmanship and have a passion for evaluating and organizing data on a page in a clear, concise and engaging manner – always ensuring that correct information is displayed in the most effective way possible.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: (1) Create, design and distribute PowerPoint presentations for Fifth Street’s various business lines, adhering to style / brand guides and ensuring that corporate standards are met; (2) Build out and streamline PowerPoint template libraries, to facilitate consistency throughout the firm; (3) Implement presentation revisions / text edits quickly and efficiently; (4) Produce and maintain both print and digital collateral as needed in Adobe Creative Suite; (5) Finalize and prep print and digital files for reproduction / printing and release. Liaise directly with external vendors and printers as necessary; (6) Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience, with expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel & Word (in PC environment)
- Investment banking background is a plus
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
- Ability to work under high pressure in a deadline-driven environment, while maintaining accuracy, exquisite attention to detail and quality control