Senior Accountant, Credit Funds & Structured Products
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the monthly close out of the accounting books and records, portfolio reconciliation, quarterly financial reporting, ad hoc reporting and annual fund audit for a growing universe of Funds that are subsidiaries to the company’s two publicly traded Business Development Companies.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: (1) Responsible for maintaining accounting records for the funds; (2) Responsible for portfolio valuation review and coordination with BDC accounting team; (3) Responsible for the preparation of financial statements and timely completion of audit for the funds; (4) Provide corporate accounting department with regular reporting of revenues, AUM and performance; (5) Fund expense payments and budgeting; (6) Act as the liaison with outside service providers (servicers, administrators, auditors, and tax consultants); (7) Ad Hoc requests and special projects as necessary; and (8) Liaise with other functional areas of the Firm including Operations, Investor Relations, Marketing, Legal/Compliance, and Portfolio Management.
- Individual should have 5-7 years of experience in financial services, preferably in alternative assets with exposure to credit products
- Fund accounting and auditing
- Public accounting experience and a CPA preferable
- Individual must be extremely detail oriented
- Individual must have strong drive and initiative
- Individual must be collaborative to effectively liaise with various internal departments and colleagues as well as able to work independently
- A forward thinking, creative individual with high ethical standards
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills, including the ability to resolve internal differences and observe confidentiality
Senior Associate / Vice President – Investor Relations / Marketing (Private Vehicles)
The Senior Associate / Vice President Position will be responsible for supporting Fifth Street’s fundraising and investor relations function for new strategic initiatives, with a focus on credit-related funds. The successful candidate for this position will have contacts and relationships with family offices, high net worth individuals, and/or other institutional investors, with a proven track record of raising capital and interfacing with investors. The position will be located in our corporate headquarters in Greenwich, CT.
Responsibilities will include: (1) Manage the institutional marketing effort focused on targeting endowments, family office, private banks and other institutional investors; (2) Responsible for communicating investment strategies to investors and assisting with customized marketing plans; (3) Act as point person on all investor queries and quarterback with various Fifth Street verticals to deliver requested information including DDQs and RFPs; (4) Maintain the investor relations database through managing current and prospective investor contact information; (5) Assist in development of press releases, updating monthly/quarterly letters which includes writing, editing and managing the approval process; (6) Help plan, coordinate, travel with senior management on road shows and attend investor meetings; (7) Create and manage institutional investor events including investor conferences and attend on Fifth Street’s behalf; (8) Conduct analysis of other asset managers’ strategies and investors, and present findings to senior management; and (9) Perform various ad hoc analysis and tasks as necessary.
- 6+ years of experience fundraising institutional and family office capital for an asset management firm
- Strong understanding of credit investment products, leverage, structuring and factors impacting fund returns, along with basic understanding of accounting and finance
- Prior leveraged finance experience specifically focused on hedge funds and structured finance (middle market credit) a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (required)
- An in-depth understanding of the financial and investment markets and the ability to establish new relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect and outstanding ability to communicate
- Flexibility to work on different projects under different timelines
- An energetic, efficient and resourceful team player and a self-starting, individual contributor