Loan Operations Analyst
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: (1) Provide support tasks including data maintenance and management of lifecycle events (rollovers, PIK, splits, paydowns, drawdowns, and restructures), cash and position reconciliation, trade booking, loan settlement of par and distressed trades, leveraged loan instrument set up; (2) Track incoming payments and process related activity on a daily basis; (3) Ensure timely trade booking and settlements of trades in WSO Admin; (4) Coordinate/book direct origination closings and ensure prompt funding; (5) Work on closing par loan trades using ClearPar; (6) Familiarity with credit agreements, new borrower setups, understanding applicable margins, amortizations, quarterly rate sets and other agency related tasks; (7) Liaise with the different loan total return swap facilities to ensure positions, cash, PNL, and other details are fully reconciled; and (8) General interest in structured market and awareness of activity.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- 3-6 years of work experience in buy-side loan operations
- Solid knowledge of MS Excel, WSO Admin/Reporting, WSO Agent, ClearPar, WSO Data
- Experience with primary/secondary par loan closing and agency operations a plus
- Bank Debt experience is a must
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can "run with" a variety of new tasks
- Attention to detail is a must
Senior Associate / Vice President – Investor Relations / Marketing (Private Vehicles)
The Senior Associate / Vice President Position will be responsible for supporting Fifth Street’s fundraising and investor relations function for new strategic initiatives, with a focus on credit-related funds. The successful candidate for this position will have contacts and relationships with family offices, high net worth individuals, and/or other institutional investors, with a proven track record of raising capital and interfacing with investors. The position will be located in our corporate headquarters in Greenwich, CT.
Responsibilities will include: (1) Manage the institutional marketing effort focused on targeting endowments, family office, private banks and other institutional investors; (2) Responsible for communicating investment strategies to investors and assisting with customized marketing plans; (3) Act as point person on all investor queries and quarterback with various Fifth Street verticals to deliver requested information including DDQs and RFPs; (4) Maintain the investor relations database through managing current and prospective investor contact information; (5) Assist in development of press releases, updating monthly/quarterly letters which includes writing, editing and managing the approval process; (6) Help plan, coordinate, travel with senior management on road shows and attend investor meetings; (7) Create and manage institutional investor events including investor conferences and attend on Fifth Street’s behalf; (8) Conduct analysis of other asset managers’ strategies and investors, and present findings to senior management; and (9) Perform various ad hoc analysis and tasks as necessary.
- 6+ years of experience fundraising institutional and family office capital for an asset management firm
- Strong understanding of credit investment products, leverage, structuring and factors impacting fund returns, along with basic understanding of accounting and finance
- Prior leveraged finance experience specifically focused on hedge funds and structured finance (middle market credit) a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (required)
- An in-depth understanding of the financial and investment markets and the ability to establish new relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect and outstanding ability to communicate
- Flexibility to work on different projects under different timelines
- An energetic, efficient and resourceful team player and a self-starting, individual contributor