Analyst/Senior Analyst, Capital Markets Portfolio Management
Fifth Street is seeking an Analyst/Senior Analyst to support its Capital Markets team which invests in broadly syndicated loans from the firms Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs) and Senior Loan Funds (SLFs). Fifth Street is committed to providing you with the tools and opportunities necessary to advance your learning and your career as rapidly as possible, including unlimited access to training opportunities, guidance and mentoring.
Responsibilities will include: (1) Management and monitoring of the Capital Markets portfolio of corporate loan investments; (2) Analyzing performance, researching industry trends and preparing reports for the existing loan portfolio to support senior managers in the investment decision making process; and (3) Generating valuation research reports for internal and external constituents based on multiple methodologies, including: discounted cash flow, comparable company, precedent transaction and relative value analysis
Qualifications:Analysts/Senior Analysts seeking to join Fifth Street are motivated individuals with a strong analytical background, exceptional organizational skills, ability to multitask, excellent attention to detail and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and substantial self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Demonstrated self-starters who go beyond the job description may have the opportunity to work extensively with senior investment team members in the evaluation of potential investment opportunities in both the new issue and secondary credit markets. We are open to candidates with diverse backgrounds though the ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of financial services experience
- In-depth understanding of credit analysis and financial markets
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (requirement)
- Track record of academic excellence
- Asset Valuation and Black Mountain experience are a plus, but not required
Associate – Investor Relations (Public Company)
Fifth Street is seeking an Associate to report to the Executive Director of Finance and Head of Investor Relations. Fifth Street manages two publicly traded Business Development Companies (BDCs): Fifth Street Finance Corp. (NASDAQ:FSC) and Fifth Street Senior Floating Rate Corp. (NASDAQ:FSFR). The Investor Relations Associate will work closely with the Investor Relations team and members of senior management to develop and execute the investor relations and capital raising strategies for both publicly traded BDCs.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: (1) Develop a thorough understanding of the Fifth Street BDCs, the BDC industry and the motivations of different types of investors; (2) Create and update presentations on Fifth Street and the BDC industry for multiple constituents including equity investors/analysts, ratings agencies, lenders, senior management and Board of Directors; (3) Assist in the development of press releases, newsletters and earnings call transcripts including writing, editing, managing the approval process and submitting to third party providers for dissemination; (4) Help analyze earnings results, sell-side research, conference calls and SEC filings of peers; create, update and maintain various Excel spreadsheets, model and report tracking stock price performance, valuations and various financial metrics; (5) Help plan and coordinate non-deal road shows and marketing trips to meet with institutional investors, retail investors and financial advisors to discuss the Fifth Street BDCs; (6) Respond to basic investor inquires over the phone and via e-mail; (7) Help maintain investor relations CRM and various Excel databases; (8) Attend investor conferences and meetings with senior management; (9) Work with other areas of Fifth Street – marketing and legal – along with third party vendors to ensure accurate and up-to-date information and messaging on the Fifth Street websites; (10) Coordinate and work with marketing to prepare senior management for media appearances and conferences; and (11) Perform various ad hoc analysis and tasks as necessary.
Qualifications:Associates seeking to join Fifth Street are motivated individuals with a strong analytical background, exceptional written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills and an attention to detail. The position requires an individual with self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. The appropriate individual should ultimately be able to represent Fifth Street to the investment community. Fifth Street is open to candidates with diverse backgrounds though the ideal candidate would have:
- 3+ years of related work experience plus an MBA or other graduate degree OR 4-6 years prior experience in a related finance or investor relations position including: investment banking, equity research, financial planning, consulting, leveraged finance or commercial lending
- Demonstrated formal writing skills combined with solid interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint (required)
- Basic financial statement analysis or a willingness to quickly learn
- Flexibility to work on different projects under different timelines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and changing environment
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the selected individual will oversee day to day accounting and be responsible for the quarterly generation of financial statements for the company’s two publicly traded business development companies (BDCs), Fifth Street Finance Corp. (NASDAQ:FSC) and Fifth Street Senior Floating Rate Corp. (NASDAQ:FSFR). The controller will be instrumental in all financial activities including accounting and controls, financial reporting, financial analysis and planning, capital fundraising, treasury, tax and audit. The Controller’s overall mandate is to provide leadership and direction to the BDC accounting team as the organization continues to execute an ambitious corporate growth strategy. S/he will also participate broadly in financial and operational discussions directly with the senior management team.
Responsibilities will include: (1) Oversee the accounting, financial reporting and cash management; (2) Enhance the already strong relationship with auditors; (3) Ensure the integrity of all financial and regulatory reporting, controls, processes and treasury systems; (4) Establish a strong relationship with the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer based on strong financial acumen and knowledge of the company’s performance; (5) Assist the Chief Financial Officer evaluating strategic alternatives, including acquisitions; (6) Perform rigorous financial analyses, risk assessments, “what if?” scenario modeling and due diligence related to key issues; (7) Play an important role in the BDCs’ quarterly portfolio valuation process; (8) Liaise with key external constituencies, including audit and tax advisors, lenders, company counsel and valuation advisors and other advisors; and (9) Responsible for the company’s Sarbanes Oxley compliance and documentation process, which includes interacting with external auditors and internal process owners across departments.
- Prior experience as a Controller or other key financial executive in a significant company; public company experience a plus but not necessary
- Strong financial services accounting background with strong technical accounting skills
- Candidate must be detail orientated and have the ability to work in a team oriented, fast paced environment
- Experience working with management information systems and information technology issues
- Experience in both large and small company environments desirable; direct industry experience in similar businesses is desirable (e.g., banks, REITs, private equity funds or other specialty finance or investment companies)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- An advanced degree, such as an MBA, and a CPA preferred
Fifth Street is seeking a Graphic Designer who will be based in our Greenwich, CT headquarters and will be an integral part of the marketing team. The selected individual will be responsible for overseeing and developing all aesthetic aspects of our brand and refining our visual message online, in print and mobile.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: (1) Collaborate with marketing and development teams to meet internal and external objectives; (2) Create engaging print design for presentations, advertisements, proposals, brochures and tradeshow materials; (3) Design and create compelling digital applications; (4) Spearhead website and intranet improvements and updates; (5) Use best practice principles for GUI and conversions in web / email / campaigns; (6) Continually update and enhance brand guidelines, while ensuring all creative work strictly adheres to them; and (7) Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications:The Graphic Designer will have a minimum of 3+ years of experience with both print and web design. We are open to candidates with diverse backgrounds, but experience in the finance industry is a plus. Candidates should be prepared to present a design portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and hands-on
- Can gather requirements, brainstorm, develop concepts, understands usability issues
- Ability to adapt to and emulate many different styles of design with strict attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, proactively communicating progress on each
- Proficient tactical, analytic, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and designing for PowerPoint
- Video editing experience using Final Cut a plus
- Strong knowledge of CSS, HTML and Dreamweaver
- Experience designing email and digital applications
- Experience with mobile platforms
- SEO knowledge
- Solid knowledge of social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blog)
Help Desk Technician
Fifth Street is seeking a Help Desk Technician to provide onsite support to its Greenwich, CT headquarters as well as virtual support for its Chicago, IL, Palo Alto, CA and Dallas, TX offices.
Responsibilities will include: (1) Install, configure, operate, maintain and administer infrastructure including laptops, desktops, printers, phones and mobile devices; (2) Install, configure, and maintain Apple Operating Systems (OSes); (3) Install, configure, and maintain Microsoft Operating Systems on laptops and desktops; (4) Install, configure, and maintain Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications on laptops and desktops including but not limited to Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe Creative Cloud; (5) Provide first line support for all internal users including hardware and software troubleshooting; (6) Maintain inventory of laptops and desktops; and (7) Image/re-image laptops and desktops.
- Excellent Customer Service and Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook), printers and peripherals
- Must be comfortable following and helping to establish written procedures and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Senior Analyst / Associate – Greenwich, CT & Chicago, IL
Fifth Street is seeking Senior Analyst/Associate candidates for its Greenwich, CT headquarters and its Chicago, IL office. The Senior Analyst/Associate position is on the transaction team; this team executes new investments in both the debt and equity parts of the capital structure in private equity sponsored leveraged buyout transactions and manages Fifth Street’s 100+ portfolio companies.
As a Senior Analyst/Associate at Fifth Street you will work on live deals alongside senior professionals, providing support for all phases of the firm’s investment process. Fifth Street is committed to providing you with the tools and opportunities necessary to advance your learning and your career as rapidly as possible, including unlimited access to training opportunities, guidance and mentoring.
Responsibilities will include: (1) Evaluate and analyze potential investment opportunities; (2) Perform extensive underwriting due diligence; (3) Generate investment memorandums and valuation research reports for internal and external constituents; and (4) Assist in portfolio management and monitoring.
Qualifications:Senior Analysts / Associates seeking to join Fifth Street are motivated individuals with a strong analytical background, exceptional organizational skills, ability to multitask, excellent attention to detail and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and substantial self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
Senior Associate / Vice President – Investor Relations / Marketing (Private Vehicles)
The Senior Associate / Vice President Position will be responsible for supporting Fifth Street’s fundraising and investor relations function for new strategic initiatives, with a focus on credit-related funds. The successful candidate for this position will have contacts and relationships with family offices, high net worth individuals, and/or other institutional investors, with a proven track record of raising capital and interfacing with investors. The position will be located in our corporate headquarters in Greenwich, CT.
Responsibilities will include: (1) Manage the institutional marketing effort focused on targeting endowments, family office, private banks and other institutional investors; (2) Responsible for communicating investment strategies to investors and assisting with customized marketing plans; (3) Act as point person on all investor queries and quarterback with various Fifth Street verticals to deliver requested information including DDQs and RFPs; (4) Maintain the investor relations database through managing current and prospective investor contact information; (5) Assist in development of press releases, updating monthly/quarterly letters which includes writing, editing and managing the approval process; (6) Help plan, coordinate, travel with senior management on road shows and attend investor meetings; (7) Create and manage institutional investor events including investor conferences and attend on Fifth Street’s behalf; (8) Conduct analysis of other asset managers’ strategies and investors, and present findings to senior management; and (9) Perform various ad hoc analysis and tasks as necessary.
- 6+ years of experience fundraising institutional and family office capital for an asset management firm
- Strong understanding of credit investment products, leverage, structuring and factors impacting fund returns, along with basic understanding of accounting and finance
- Prior leveraged finance experience specifically focused on hedge funds and structured finance (middle market credit) a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (required)
- An in-depth understanding of the financial and investment markets and the ability to establish new relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect and outstanding ability to communicate
- Flexibility to work on different projects under different timelines
- An energetic, efficient and resourceful team player and a self-starting, individual contributor