Analyst/Senior Analyst, Capital Markets Portfolio Management
Fifth Street is seeking an Analyst/Senior Analyst to support its Capital Markets team which invests in broadly syndicated loans from the firms Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs) and Senior Loan Funds (SLFs). Fifth Street is committed to providing you with the tools and opportunities necessary to advance your learning and your career as rapidly as possible, including unlimited access to training opportunities, guidance and mentoring.
Responsibilities will include: (1) Management and monitoring of the Capital Markets portfolio of corporate loan investments; (2) Analyzing performance, researching industry trends and preparing reports for the existing loan portfolio to support senior managers in the investment decision making process; and (3) Generating valuation research reports for internal and external constituents based on multiple methodologies, including: discounted cash flow, comparable company, precedent transaction and relative value analysis
Qualifications:Analysts/Senior Analysts seeking to join Fifth Street are motivated individuals with a strong analytical background, exceptional organizational skills, ability to multitask, excellent attention to detail and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and substantial self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Demonstrated self-starters who go beyond the job description may have the opportunity to work extensively with senior investment team members in the evaluation of potential investment opportunities in both the new issue and secondary credit markets. We are open to candidates with diverse backgrounds though the ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of financial services experience
- In-depth understanding of credit analysis and financial markets
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (requirement)
- Track record of academic excellence
- Asset Valuation and Black Mountain experience are a plus, but not required
Senior Analyst/Associate, Marketing — (Investment Banking/Leveraged Finance/Sponsor Finance background preferred)
The Senior Analyst/Associate, Marketing will be responsible for assisting the Fifth Street marketing team in the production and distribution of visual communications across multiple channels, with a heavy focus on creating and editing engaging presentations for investors and potential clients. The ideal candidate should be a finance professional with relevant experience and a passion for marketing. The role will be a full time position based in our Greenwich, CT office and will report directly to the VP of Marketing, with continuous interaction with the Senior Executive Team, Investment Teams across various business lines, Investor Relations, Legal, Accounting, etc.
- 2+ years of experience, with expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel & Word (in PC environment)
- Investment Banking background is a plus
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
- Ability to work under high pressure in a deadline-driven environment, while maintaining accuracy, exquisite attention to detail and quality control
Senior Associate / Vice President – Investor Relations / Marketing (Private Vehicles)
The Senior Associate / Vice President Position will be responsible for supporting Fifth Street’s fundraising and investor relations function for new strategic initiatives, with a focus on credit-related funds. The successful candidate for this position will have contacts and relationships with family offices, high net worth individuals, and/or other institutional investors, with a proven track record of raising capital and interfacing with investors. The position will be located in our corporate headquarters in Greenwich, CT.
Responsibilities will include: (1) Manage the institutional marketing effort focused on targeting endowments, family office, private banks and other institutional investors; (2) Responsible for communicating investment strategies to investors and assisting with customized marketing plans; (3) Act as point person on all investor queries and quarterback with various Fifth Street verticals to deliver requested information including DDQs and RFPs; (4) Maintain the investor relations database through managing current and prospective investor contact information; (5) Assist in development of press releases, updating monthly/quarterly letters which includes writing, editing and managing the approval process; (6) Help plan, coordinate, travel with senior management on road shows and attend investor meetings; (7) Create and manage institutional investor events including investor conferences and attend on Fifth Street’s behalf; (8) Conduct analysis of other asset managers’ strategies and investors, and present findings to senior management; and (9) Perform various ad hoc analysis and tasks as necessary.
- 6+ years of experience fundraising institutional and family office capital for an asset management firm
- Strong understanding of credit investment products, leverage, structuring and factors impacting fund returns, along with basic understanding of accounting and finance
- Prior leveraged finance experience specifically focused on hedge funds and structured finance (middle market credit) a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (required)
- An in-depth understanding of the financial and investment markets and the ability to establish new relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect and outstanding ability to communicate
- Flexibility to work on different projects under different timelines
- An energetic, efficient and resourceful team player and a self-starting, individual contributor