Analyst/Senior Analyst – Portfolio Management
As an Analyst/Senior Analyst at Fifth Street you will work on live deals alongside senior investment professionals. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: (1) Perform financial statement analysis and build financial models; (2) Work with management of portfolio companies to develop and implement turnaround plans; (3) Support the negotiation of amendment and waiver agreements with private equity sponsors; (4) Prepare reports discussing performance of portfolio companies; (5) Attend board meetings and perform site inspections. Fifth Street is committed to providing you with the tools and opportunities necessary to advance your learning and your career as rapidly as possible, including unlimited access to training opportunities, guidance and mentoring.
Qualifications:Analysts/Senior Analysts seeking to join Fifth Street are motivated individuals with a strong analytical background, exceptional organizational skills, ability to multitask, excellent attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and substantial self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. We are open to candidates with diverse background though the ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2 years prior experience in related finance position: Financial advisory experience, distressed workout experience, or debt portfolio management/restructuring experience at a lending institution
- Excellent Excel modeling skills and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated self-starter who goes beyond job description to make sure goals are achieved
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Fifth Street Management LLC, based in White Plains, NY and Greenwich, CT is seeking a Corporate Counsel. Counsel will work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer and the Vice President, Legal. The position will be located in our corporate headquarters, currently located in White Plains, NY but moving to our new headquarters in Greenwich, CT by May of 2014.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: (1) Handling a variety of legal matters, including drafting and reviewing contracts, such as NDAs, vendor agreements and leases, as well as reviewing SEC filings, press releases and other matters; (2) Attending and assisting with Board and Committee meetings and related corporate governance matters; (3) Working on special projects from time to time; and (4) Interacting with senior management on a daily basis.
- JD required and experience and general interest in the areas of corporate/contracts law
- 1-3 years of experience at a law firm or in-house environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while working in a team-oriented, fast-past environment
- Highly motivated with a positive demeanor and a team attitude
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and general Microsoft Office applications